About The Business
Who we are:
Established in 1954 by John Corle, Charlottesville Glass and Mirror was the first glass company in Charlottesville. Mr. Corle opened his business bank account with a deposit of $2.00. His collateral was strong moral values and the ethic of hard work.
The original shop on Vinegar Hill was quickly outgrown.
Mr. Corle built a new shop on Meade Ave, just east of Jak'n'Jil, where Blue Ridge Graphics is currently located. In 1958 the Army Reserve building became available, John Corle saw this as a great opportunity for relocation and decided to move the company to its present location at 1428 East High Street.
In 2000, Dwight Corle purchased the company from his father, continuing the family tradition of serving the commercial and residential glass needs of the Charlottesville area.
Dwight expanded the business in 2008 by opening another store in Ruckersville, a small community just north of Charlottesville. Julie, his wife, joined the business at this time and the business became woman owned.
Six years later, in the spring of 2014, the Ruckersville location became the commercial fabrication shop. The original location in Charlottesville continues to provide residential and retail services to the community.
Our recently renovated showroom is complete with displays for the most current selection of featured products and services, as well as various other retail items.
The most recent innovation took place January of 2019 when the company became solar powered.
With a bright future on the horizon, the 3rd generation of CGM is poised to continue and improve the strong moral values and ethic of hard work started by John. Dwight has worked to instill the values and ethics taught to him by his father and pass them on to the next generation.
Charlottesville Glass and Mirror is a progressive glass company which continues to expand their services to a rapidly growing community.